reblogged itsonlymemories who said:
A Lego advert from 1981. “This is how Lego marketed to girls in 1981,” says the tweet that’s going round. “Wouldn’t it be nice if toy companies still marketed to girls this way.”
Original tweet from author @_TimothyPower, discovered via Splash Damage writer @EdStern.
Because of this woman… people are starting to rethink advertising for kids. And that makes me really really happy =)
totes me…even to this day…lol
Then 1981 vs. now 2012
LEGO Group commentary on attracting more girls to construction playCommentary by Mads Nipper, Executive Vice President, Marketing, the LEGO Group, on the Group’s ambition to attract more girls to construction play.
… We are compelled to clarify the incorrect information circulating about what we have developed:
• Children who find the LEGO Friends theme interesting will enjoy the exact same building experience and developmental benefits as children who choose any other LEGO theme.
• LEGO Friends products do require assembly. The collection delivers the same level, scale and detail of iconic LEGO building as any other LEGO theme and products.
• Like any other set, LEGO Friends leverages the tried and true method of packing LEGO elements in bags and the exact same building instructions for which we are known.
• Pink bricks and elements have been included in LEGO sets for decades. The new colors introduced to create the LEGO Friends collection are two blues, two purples and two greens, based on global research that indicated a wish for a bolder, more vibrant color palette to create the most interesting models.
• Our marketing program for LEGO Friends mirrors the model we apply to any LEGO theme.
We want to correct any misinterpretation that LEGO Friends is our only offering for girls. This is by no means the case. We know that many girls love to build and play with the wide variety of LEGO products already available. LEGO Friends joins this global collection of products as yet another theme option from which parents may choose the best building experience for their child’s skill and interest.
We listen very carefully to the opinions and input that people share. We will continue to do so as we develop the LEGO brand to deliver the best experiences with the strongest appeal, and we will review our communications to ensure that we represent LEGO play for all children. We are proud to have developed a collection that is receiving positive feedback and reviews from parents and children who are now trying it at home, and we hope that we will engage even more girls in the skill-developing experience of LEGO play.
Charlotte Simonsen, head of corporate communications
media@LEGO.com or +45 7950 6579
Michael McNally, brand relations director
michael.mcnally@LEGO.com or 860-763-6731
- mr-salacia-senpai likes this
- a-turn-for-the-worst reblogged this from anunspeakableoftheoscarwildesort
- a-turn-for-the-worst likes this
- anunspeakableoftheoscarwildesort reblogged this from samhenc
- samhenc reblogged this from palmlines
- karmasucks reblogged this from doodlersrevue
- uofacrimsontide likes this
- lilgriff reblogged this from becauseofthiswoman and added:
- flowerhairclips reblogged this from becauseofthiswoman and added:
- sayandrew likes this
- roryblank likes this
- mmmindy reblogged this from gaybones and added:
- celebikai reblogged this from becauseofthiswoman
- xforeverblacksunshine reblogged this from pit-crew
- frequentlystable likes this
- wolstenteddyy reblogged this from fangirlspiral0913
- hypernormal reblogged this from ninimarini
- whyyesthankyou likes this
- missshirley likes this
- roundtableguest likes this
- curmudgeonlaine reblogged this from doodlersrevue
- radioarsenic likes this
- lessaismore reblogged this from itsonlymemories and added:
- lessaismore likes this
- beruwhitesunlars likes this
- doomgloom likes this
- canpakes reblogged this from mishalmoorebloggyblog
- mishalmoorebloggyblog reblogged this from ninimarini
- truejerseygirl reblogged this from itsonlymemories and added:
- danielliebellie reblogged this from doodlersrevue and added:
- tart-pastry likes this
- ninimarini reblogged this from doodlersrevue and added:
- doodlersrevue reblogged this from itsonlymemories and added:
- doodlersrevue likes this
- itsonlymemories reblogged this from emhatesthepatriarchy and added:
- loups-garous reblogged this from kaylaconspiracy
- ginandchr0nic reblogged this from throughmyeyesyouwillsee5
- fiercedesea likes this
- spectralsentience likes this
- spifftastic likes this
- jklwajoedwajlks likes this
- emhatesthepatriarchy reblogged this from nebula929
- everywherethereslife likes this
- stache-tastic reblogged this from gaybones
- rebeccafornow reblogged this from gaybones
- princely0rangepeels likes this
- gaybones reblogged this from thisandthat254
- thisandthat254 reblogged this from blake-onator
- miaandmarselluswallace reblogged this from threecheersforqueers and added:
- miaandmarselluswallace likes this